A regular listing of events taking place around the world, and online, for American expatriates.
Thursday, Dec. 3: Democrats Abroad webinar on Social Security benefits for Americans resident abroad, featuring Jack Leuchtman, of the American Embassy in London
Many Americans who are resident overseas are unaware that they are eligible for Social Security benefits; others know that they are, but don't know any more than that. With this in mind, the Democrats Abroad is sponsoring this free webinar on Thursday, Dec. 3, beginning at 6pm GMT (7pm in Western Europe). According to the Democrats Abroad UK Tax Committee, the webinar will "aim to address the unknowns of benefits available to Americans living abroad, and how such Americans are best advised to go about acessing these essential resources."
The approximately 90-minute webinar will be presented by London-based Jack Leuchtman, regional federal benefits officer for the Social Security Administration.
For those unable to participate in the webinar, the event will be available online afterwards on YouTube.
Although the event is being provided free of charge, a donation of £10, or £5 for students and those who are retired is being invited.
- InterNations survey: Rome, Paris, Hong Kong, Dublin rated among 'worst cities to move to' in expat survey
- Stanhope Capital and FWM Holdings say merger will create 'one of world's largest' indie global wealth management firms
- Partners Wealth Mgmt adds two partners to its 'exponentially growing' int'l business
- American Citizens Abroad calls on U.S. gov't to 'prioritize' expats' access to 'essential services'
- AARO seeks input from expats around the world on key issues, via online survey