Two citizenship experts will debate the merits of citizenship-based tax regimes this Friday, in what is being billed as a “YouTube Live Stream event,” sponsored by a U.S.-based tax industry news website.
The two citizenship experts are John Richardson, a tax and citizenship expert from Toronto, Canada, and critic of citizenship-based taxation (CBT); and Edward Zelinsky, of Cardozo School of Law in New York, who supports the concept of CBT. The debate will be moderated by William Byrnes, an American academic with Texas A&M University.
The debate is scheduled to take place at 2pm Eastern Standard Time in the U.S. and 11am Pacific Standard Time. This means it will be able to be viewed at 7pm Greenwich Mean Time, and 8pm Western European Time. The participants will carry on their debate via Skype.
The sponsoring website is TaxConnections, where those interested in signing up to view the debate may register to do so by clicking here.
- Dems Abroad reported in talks with Virginia Congressman Beyer on expat issues
- Double-tax problems of Americans, Greek Americans revealed at inaugural Republican Overseas tax event in Athens
- Greenback tax biz seeks expats' views on tax reform, citizenship taxation
- ‘Tax Fairness for Americans Abroad’ discussion set for May 8 in Athens
- Some tax quotations the IRS missed...