This Thusday (April 14) the Democrats Abroad's Taxation Task Force is hosting a Zoom webinar for expat Americans that will address "the ins and outs of using the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) versus the Foreign Tax Credits (FTC)" when filing one's U.S. taxes.
The webinar will feature Bright!Tax CPA Katelynn Minott, and, the TTF says, will aim to "cover common questions like 'How long do Foreign Tax Credits carry forward?'; 'Can you use both the FEIE and the FTC?' and 'Can you still get the Child Tax Credit if you use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion?'"
While there is no fee or donation required to participate, the TTF suggests participants make a donation of US$10 to participate.
The webinar is set to begin at 1pm EDT (6pm BST, 7pm CEST).
For more information and to sign up, click here.
- AXFNJ Podcast: Dems Abroad’s Rebecca Lammers discusses the ‘suffocating’ U.S. expat tax situation with AXFNJ’s Richardson
- Major new Dems Abroad report on the state of American expat finance, tax issues cites 'suffocating' conditions
- Greenback Tax’s McKeegan: ‘7.1% increase in the FEIE in 2023 increases options for U.S. expats in the UK’
- Dems Abroad calls on U.S. education, student aid officials to resolve expat issues involved in Fed Student Loan Relief applications
- Federal appeals court decision temporarily halting Biden student debt relief plan interrupts expat access enabling efforts