This Thusday (April 14) the Democrats Abroad's Taxation Task Force is hosting a Zoom webinar for expat Americans that will address "the ins and outs of using the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) versus the Foreign Tax Credits (FTC)" when filing one's U.S. taxes.
The webinar will feature Bright!Tax CPA Katelynn Minott, and, the TTF says, will aim to "cover common questions like 'How long do Foreign Tax Credits carry forward?'; 'Can you use both the FEIE and the FTC?' and 'Can you still get the Child Tax Credit if you use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion?'"
While there is no fee or donation required to participate, the TTF suggests participants make a donation of US$10 to participate.
The webinar is set to begin at 1pm EDT (6pm BST, 7pm CEST).
For more information and to sign up, click here.
- Rep Maloney's 'Same Country Exception' FATCA bill reported 'not adopted' as defense bill amendment
- Recording of last week's 'Meet the Candidates' Zoom panel discussion now online
- 'Meet the candidates' Zoom panel discussion for New York City expat Dems set for today
- Dems Abroad TTF in move to open door to discussions on FATCA's future
- Your chance to say what you think about the U.S. expat tax regime – but time running out, as Dems Abroad survey deadline nears